We run z/TPF without peer-to-peer VTS so we use IEBGENER to automatically
copy logical volumes from z/TPF System Capture across VTS machines "L" and
"R" for security reasons.

We find for certain z/TPF single volume input tapes, we get *2* output volumes

As they say on English TV program Blue Peter
"Here's one I prepared earlier":

...snip header...
//             'COPY VTS TAPES',
//             MSGCLASS=K,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),PRTY=9
//STEP01 EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT  DD SYSOUT=Z
//SYSIN     DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1    DD DISP=SHR,DSN=BS.RTT,UNIT=TPFVTSR,VOL=SER=313016
//SYSUT2    DD DSN=BS.RTT,DISP=(,KEEP),UNIT=TPFVTSL,RETPD=5

Result:  FROM 1 logical volume TO 2 logical volumes

IEC710I 034A,313016,P74609SR,STEP01,SYSUT1 ANOTHER VOLUME EXPECTED
IEC205I SYSUT2,P74609SR,STEP01,FILESEQ=1, COMPLETE VOLUME LIST,
DSN=BS.RTT,VOLS=300000,302911,TOTALBLOCKS=98068

What I can't understand is why IEBGENER copies 1 logical "RTT" volume on 1
VTS to *2* logical volumes on the other VTS:

I tried adding

//             RECFM=U,LRECL=0,BLKSIZE=32760

And got the same 1 to 2 volume copy.
Why 1 to 2?  Why not 1 to 1?

How difficult is it to copy block to block?!
Is there a TOTALBLOCK limit on IEBGENER?

On TPF, where the copy-from volumens originate, we define Tape Label Mask
RTT as Blocked and compressed:

COTL0002I 10.08.35 DTLB BSS  - TAPE LABEL INFORMATION
   RTT - USABLE        I/O-OUTPUT  L-SL   FMT-ALL    COMP
   BLK                      T  - 000    BLKSIZE - ZOS     NOENC

Is it anything to do with BLKSIZE-ZOS ??

Thoughts appreciated!

Please go easy on me, I'm not MVS, but I did play with ALCS (TPF under MVS)
especially in Bogota, Colombia and have happy JCL memories, but those are
stories for the bar-room...