Hi Kees

In reply:

I don't know the ptp vts, we have a TS7700. Are the z/TPF and z/OS
logical volumes the same size?

Yes!  They are interchangable.

The z/TPF volume was written with COMP on, is the z/OS volume also
COMPacted?

As I know, Yes.

We have z/TPF and z/OS here too (we are an airline). If you like, I can
try to copy an RTT tape and see what happens here on our TS7700.

Hey - would be really great: but the RTT must be full.  By that I mean it
was switched by z/TPF when full, not by an Operator at midnight or whenever.

I should add it's only Full RTT tapes that copy to 2 volumes.
Writing that down makes me think about End of File/End of Reel markers.

OK, sure, please go ahead and try an IEBGENER copy at your end
Many thanks