From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Greg Shirey
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SCRT Copy List

I think you're right about IBM not wanting customers to *completely*
automate the submission process, but Dave did not suggest that - he said
he runs the SCRT program and emails the result to himself so he can
check it.  We do that here as well, but where our process differs from
Dave's is that we simply forward the CSV file on to IBM if it is
correct, rather than rerun the job with a different email ID.  (But
since he's CC'ing others, I understand why he does it..)

I'm curious about your statement that IBM would not authorize your shop
to email your SCRT output.  Their website seems to indicate that it is
up to the customer.

From
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/resources/swprice/subcap/scrt/submit.htm

"Unless you have been informed otherwise, all Sub-Capacity customers in
countries where the License Management Support (LMS) application has
been implemented must use LMS to submit your subcapacity reports to IBM.
You may choose either of the following methods to send your subcapacity
report to LMS:

* LMS Web to upload and submit your subcapacity report using the LMS Web
interface.
* LMS eMail to send your subcapacity report to LMS as an e-mail
attachment."

Greg Shirey
Ben E. Keith Company