Hi Folks,

   I hope that I am answering all of your questions.

There is a very good reason why I didn't post the topics of my 2 articles. They are supposed to be for our ears only. Mainframers (specifically sysprogs) should be the readership. So I'm glad about what the discussion topic was about (i.e. XMIT format).

Now that you guys have brought up the topic of XMIT format, it proves to me that Sam K and I have done a good thing by packaging nearly everything in that format. Our website is officially "open to everyone" (no password or membership necessary) but it is really only intended for use by our own people. The "general interest pc people" should really be kept away. So I'm happy with XMIT format. And yes, XMIT format does serve the purpose of eliminating EBCDIC to ASCII (and vice-versa) translation, which for me was always a pain in the xxxx, and a packaging problem. XMIT only works in EBCDIC, really, (although ASCII files can ride along). This was the original reason and purpose for our use of XMIT format. I myself didn't think of the extra benefits of using it.

So I want to thank all of you guys in this group, because you have taught me something. Our use of XMIT format allows us to achieve our objective, in supplying the z/OS sysprog world with a continuous source of tools and help, while keeping all the other people, who really have no business with our stuff, away. All this, without "memberships" and "passwords". All the years, I was wondering why this arrangement was working out fine, and we weren't getting a big infiltration of all kinds of other kinds of people asking about our stuff. My heartfelt thanks to all of you, for revealing the obvious - to me. It's the XMIT format, helping us achieve our purpose without our realizing, and making the Internet work, as our distribution method. (We're gonna stick with it.) Thanks again for teaching me this "obvious" fact.

   All the best of everything to all of you.

Sam