Brian Peterson wrote:

<begin quotation>

It seems to me that one of the most significant results of this common
installation tool initiative is actually not the tool itself. Rather, in my
opinion, it is the fact that all of the "tribes" within the CA family now have
ONE install methodology - one that is common across all products.

<end quotation>

This notion is hard, indeed all but impossible to disagree with in general.
That said, we have SMP/E in hand; and we are all familiar with it, warts and
all.  Do we need another quite ordinary installation/maintenance tool?  I think
not.

I should feel different about it if it were radically innovative; it is not.

John Gilmore Ashland, MA 01721-1817 USA

inbox.