From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: QUESTION ABOUT STOPX-37 - MAINVIEW SRM

>StopX37 is NOT CA-Allocate.  >Two different vendors.  >Please post facts, not
>postulates.

If I recall correctly, CA-Allocate was part of BrightStor(e), and called
SAMS-Allocate.

STOPx37 is a much older product, and, prior to CA acquiring BrightStor(e) a
much more expensive product.

I worked with STOPx in the 1980's; and CA (still called) SAMS in the early
2000's.

Except for cost, and a few implementation details, I didn't find many
differences in effectiveness.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!