On 6/24/2010 9:06 AM, Vernooij, CP - SPLXM wrote:

Doesn't this simply means your task is to take care that your diesel
tanks are full (and large enough)? All the other options seem
non-transparant and non-controllable.

We had a power failure once that looked like it might last several days.
Our ops manager decided to have the diesel tanks topped off to try to
keep the generator running. When he called our regular supplier he
was informed that there was plenty of diesel, but the supplier was
affected by the outage as well, and couldn't pump the diesel out of
his underground tanks. Fortunately the power company got the power back
up about 5 hours later.

For extended outages you might need multiple suppliers that also
have their own generators to run the pumps.

--
Richard