Ed Finnell wrote:

> In a message dated 6/25/2010 5:31:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> rfocht...@ync.net writes:
>
> with Bruce Leland, the original author, for about 25  years.
>

> Author(s) Mike Smith and Bruce  Leland.

Big bloke with the red hair?  Steve Smith.  Most of the original
ISPF interface was his work.

I remember his presentation in 1990 when using PDS as a
"workbench" was being encouraged.  His pitch began
"Now, I don't know what your idea of a workbench is, but..."
and he showed a slide of a backyard shed workbench
covered with as astonishing degree of clutter.

I think he meant to imply that PDS offers lots of features
and facilities.

Cheers,
Greg