On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:22:32 +0100, Barbara Nitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I don't consider what DB2 does right and I think that their setting is
>asinine given what we now learned about the possible paging config. So the
>only chance I see is submitting an RCF that the Extended addressability
>guide is clearly wrong because DB2 doesn't play by the rules outlined
there.
>My guess is that IBM will change the Ext Addr Guide. :-(

I guess GRS should be documented as bypassing IEFUSI too. Its MEMLIMIT
is 64PB.  Hope there are no future bugs with GRS 64-bit storage usage
either.

If IBM was worried about customers not changing the MEMLIMIT=0 default,
why didn't they just code REGION=0M.

I'm not really paranoid like Barbara is, I guess I just don't like
the fact that IBM isn't "playing by the rules" as Wayne said. If
limiting storage for OS system address spaces and subsystems via
IEFUSI for 24-bit and 31-bit was allowed before, why the need to
ignore it now for some address spaces / subsystems?  Were so many
installations shooting themselves in the feet that IBM decided this
was for our own good?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America and Farmers Insurance Group