On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:40:35 -0400, Don Williams <donb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Where can I find the pros and cons of controlling the content of the MC?

I don't think you'll find what you are looking for (a pros/cons list).   It's
mostly common sense.

There is paragraph in DFSMS Managing Catalogs in the "planning a
configuration" chapter that states this:

"For ease of backup and recovery of the master catalog, no user data sets
should be cataloged in the master catalog. If you deny update access to
the master catalog for most of your users, there is typically much less
update activity for the master catalog."

You might want to have a look at that chapter and the rest of the manual.

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net