From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Erik Janssen
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: TSO region size

Hello List,

We are standardising our default TSO region sizes on 64MB since we start seeing
more and more problems with programs abending, because people still have 4MB
region size as a default. 64MB seemed like a reasonable value to solve some of
the issues and not introduce any new.
Testing the changes I noticed when I log on to TSO the help panel says that the
maximum possible region size is 2096128. This is 1 MB less than 2 GB, which
would be 2097152. Can somebody tell me why the max is not exactly 2GB?

Regards,

Erik Janssen.

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the
sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or opening
it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the files have NOT
been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html