On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:48:31 +0800, ibmnew <ibm...@163.com> wrote:

>Dear all
>
> Our shop is a parallel sysplex.We just migrated our z/OS from z/OS 1.9 to
1.11.

> We didn't migrate any existing data from HFS to zFS.

What about the files systems from Serverpac (z/OS root, others and
operations files like /etc and /var?   Did you migrate those or stick with
HFS?

>Our application team want to use zFS new function,but we don't want to
migrate any existing data from HFS to zFS.

>We don't have any experience of zFS. Could you tell how to make our
application team use zFS new function.

>Any suggestions are very highly appreciated!

You need to teach them how to use ISHELL to allocate a new
zFS or how to use IOEAGFMT.

Start here:
z/OS V1R11.0 Distributed File Service, SMB, and zFS Bookshelf
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/FCXD0AA1

Also have a look at these Redbooks:

z/OS Distributed File Service zSeries File System Implementation z/OS V1R11
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246580.html?Open
(nice they are keeping these up to date, I have a V1R7 version)

HFS to zFS Migration Tool
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp4328.html?Open

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net