Wow Anton, just how big is that axe you're grinding?

1) I don't see any indication that he "has devoted his academic life/work to
IBM".  I have not read his book, but it doesn't sound like it has anything to
do with IBM directly.  From what I can tell he wrote his book 10 years before
he even had a mainframe to play with.
2) I don't see any indication that anyone gave him a mainframe.  His University
apparently acquired a very small, obsolete mainframe which may have been
provided at no charge, but that is hardly a huge payoff.
3) What on earth does his age have to do with anything?
4) Many non-IBMers have profiles on IBM websites, particularly developerWorks

Your attack smells quite strongly of ad hominem.

>>> Anton Britz <antonbr...@gmail.com> 6/30/2010 2:28 PM >>>
George,

a) I did not see the Wilhilm G Spruth White paper but
b) If I GOOGLE  for "Wilhilm G Spruth", I conclude that '

    - He has devoted his academic life/work to IBM
    - IBM has given him  a Mainframe... for FREE
    - He looks about 80 years old to me
    - IBM even posts his profile and work on their websites.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/university/spotlights/w_spruth.html

Conclusion

You really think, Wilhilm G Spruth is giving you a NON-BIAS opinion of
the current IT markets ?
It's like switching to the Fox channel and expecting a NON-BIAS opinion
of current affairs or
going to Apple's website when you want to buy a new phone :

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/06/12/phone-fight.html

Anton

>> http://mervadrian.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/migrate-from-mainframe-to-what/
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark Regan
>>>
>> "Modern" means "in the current style".   Occasionally it sticks with a
>> style, and new terms such as post-modern come to be.
>>
>> It has nothing to do with "appropriate", or "capable", or "cost
>> effective".

>> send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
>> Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received
this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to
the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy
the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or
destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if
you communicate with us by email. Thank you.