On my system, it shows only the aliases defined in the specified catalog.  When
specifying the master catalog, it does not show dataset aliases defined in user
catalogs.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Burrell, C. Todd (CDC/OCOO/ITSO) (CTR)
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Dataset Aliases - How to find ALL of them

I would add that this command should be done against your MASTER catalog
to get all aliases...  This should show you all aliases along with their
associated user catalogs.  Depending on your system this can be a
lengthy output.

If you remove the ALL parm you will get a list of all aliases only,
which might be better as a start.