Ed Gould wrote:

>I vaguely remember  (A LONG TIME AGO mind you) that there was a
separately installable FMID for IND$FILE (bonus points for the year it came out)

My last few remaining brain cells can't help you with that... ;-D

>Does anyone remember this? As a side question there was a separate help
member in sys1.help (vague recollection here) Does(did?) IBM still ship the
Help member for it? I seemed to remember that it was dropped along the way
and it was never put back. Is this true?

My searches for you, yielded NOTHING...  SYS1.MACLIB, MODLIB, SYS1.HELP,
the usual concatenation lot.... Nada zilch, nothing...

Oh yes. IND$FILE (AM and RM still at 24!) on z/OS v1.10 is found in
SYS1.CMDLIB with the usual disclaimer text:

INDFT0     IBM File Transfer Program:   Version 1.1.1
INDFT0     PTF: UR43604   Date: 05/09/95  Size: 50C8 Bytes

Somewhat old ...

My emulator supported it, but says a little about it in the help screens.

Check your emulator software if they support it or document something about
IND$FILE.

>I just vaguely remember creating a usermod to add it back.

??? Usermod??? First time I read about this (or probably forgot about it)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht