Since the TSO HELP command will describe the syntax of both the XMIT (or
TRANSMIT) command and RECEIVE command in detail, I assume you're having a
problem trying to do something specific.  Can you describe the exact problem
in more detail?   What was the binary file in the first place?

For example, XMIT can use the OUTDSN keyword to turn a PDS into a sequential
dataset (an unloaded PDS).   That sequential file could then be restored to
a PDS by the RECEIVE command using the INDSN keyword.   Is that the kind of
thing you want?

If what you want is to take a PDS, move it through the network with FTP,
through non-MVS systems, and back to a PDS on another MVS system, I always
find that the safest and most reliable way to do that is to TERSE the
original PDS, then use binary mode FTP for all hops in the move, and then
unterse it back into a PDS at the final system.   This preserves all the DCB
attributes and simplifies the FTP commands needed.   The only thing to watch
out for is that when you unterse it directly to a PDS, you have to remember
to specify directory blocks when allocating the output PDS.   If you are
doing FTP from the MVS to get the tersed file, you need commands like
BINARY
LOCSITE recfm=fb lrecl=1024 cylinders primary=100 secondary=10 blksize=0

--Roger