Our agency just replaced 10 (ten) STK 9310 silos with 2 (two) Oracle
VSMs (Virtual Storage Manager) and  2 (two) Oracle SL8500 tape
subsystems.  They are working GREAT!!

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Clark, Kevin
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Who are the TOP Mainframe Tapesubsystems Vendors?

Hello all,

As the storage landscape has changes over the years. I find myself
struggling to put together competitive acquisitions.

I'm simply talking about a library with 3592 type drives and maybe LTO
support for the Open Systems side.

There IBM.

Who else?

Kevin

This e-mail message and any attachments transmitted with it are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of its authorized
recipient(s). If you are not an intended or authorized recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
any action in reliance on the information contained in this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not
authorized to receive it, please immediately notify the sender and
delete the original message and all copies of it from your computer.