From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 1:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Who are the TOP Mainframe Tapesubsystems Vendors?

So?
Did anyone claim that Oracle developed VSM or SL8500?
The notice below says that someone bought some product from Oracle,
nothing else. Nowadays SL8500 is onwed by Oracle - so it's Oracle
product.

BTW: many IBM products are developed by still existing independent
companies. Examples: all tape libraries except the largest (Quantum,
previously ADIC), some FASt aka DSxxxx dasd (Ingenico),
N-something_I_forgot (NetApp), all the FC/FICON switches...

Regarding to the Silo-SL change: a single SL8500 in maximum
configuration is huge library, with approx. 10000 tape slots. We don't
know what drives are inside, but the technolgical jump could be really
big as well.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy
XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego,
nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2009 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w
caoci wpacony) wynosi 118.763.528 zotych. W zwizku z realizacj
warunkowego podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchway XXI
WZ z dnia 16 marca 2008r., oraz uchway XVI NWZ z dnia 27 padziernika
2008r., moe ulec podwyszeniu do kwoty 123.763.528 z. Akcje w
podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym BRE Banku SA bd w caoci opacone.