>If there is a job with 200+ steps.  Is it better to have region coded at the
>JOBCARD level or the STEP Level?

Actually, while I still recommend using region at the job card level, in your
particular case it will narrow the step that caused the fragmentation.
Assuming you use checkregionloss and did NOT have a fragmented init when
the job started. (Also assuming that the 822 is reproducible for *this* job.)

I also strongly urge you to investigate the 822 *before* giving the job a
region of 0M and removing individual region sizes. You might end up with
abend878 -10 or -C or abend80A in steps after the IEFBR14 step.
Unequivocally setting region=0M is covering up a problem that might hit you
very hard when you can least afford it.

Regards, Barbara