On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 03:46:50 -0500, Sheldon Davis <sda...@isracard.co.il> wrote:

>We migrated to z/os 1.11 on one of our production machines.
>
>Before the upgrade we had almost no paging.
>We now see quite a lot of paging from DB2.
>Any ideas ??

Not really.  Did anything else change that could have changed storage
usage?  Did you start specifying large pages (LFAREA) or enable any
other new function that you might have not been using before?  Are
you sure you have the same amount of memory as you had prior to
the upgrade available the LPAR?  (don't laugh, I've seen problems like this)

To start you might want to go back to some SMF data prior to z/OS 1.11
and compare the working set sizes of all your address spaces (type 30s)
to see what might have changed.  "SORT REAL D" in an SDSF DA and
and RMF III STORF might also provide clues assuming you have an idea
of what things looked like before z/OS 1.11.

BTW, what release did you migrate from?

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net