From: "Peter Relson"

> Time to enflame the waters...

I've been away for a couple of days. Seems this didn't even register a bite.
Time for me to rectify that oversight.

> There is absolutely nothing wrong, incorrect, improper, or unexpected
about
> any system space (GRS) using as much memory above 2G as it wants, provided
> that it has documented that use so that customers can properly plan. Note
> that I am differentiating GRS from DB2 in this regard.

Hey Scott, are you ears burning mate   ????   ....   ;-)

> To my thinking MEMLIMIT is the above 2G analog of REGION. REGION does not
> apply to authorized "high private" subpools; MEMLIMIT would not apply to
> "high private above 2G" if such a term existed but it comes down to
> "storage above 2G obtained by system spaces".

This (auth exception) has been a cause of some angst for years amongst (some
of) us poor "plods" that have to keep working user systems perambulating
along..
Even were it true, we might still have a bitch - but there are any number of
ISVs out there all demanding Auth libraries, and all trying to use all
nefarious means to bypass any and all sane controls by the *USERS* that
purchase their software, and continue to pay the IT equivalent of usury.
"system spaces" in this context may have meaning to you Peter, but in the
real world it means bloody near anything that runs.

> And all that you would do is break the system by
> trying to impose a limit where none should be imposed.

And why is their no tracking of said usage ???.
Remember SMF ??? - some of us find it quite useful in our day-to-day lives.
This is an unforgivable omission.

Shane ...