---------------------------------<snip>-------------------------------
there was big explosion in the mid-range market with 43xx machines ...
which MVS didn't fit well into.
I resemble that remark. :-) At Clearing, we ran MVS very nicely on three 4341 Model Group 2 boxen for three years and it ran very nicely. Nowdays, my pocket calculator probably has more raw compute power but the fact remains that we were very happy with the equipment, until our workload grew beyond their capacity to process it. IIRC, the DASD farm was a mix of 3330-11's and 3350's. Talk about ancient.....

Rick