From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of McKown, John
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 2:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: DB/2 V7 on Z/os V1.11

I understand and somewhat agree with your logic. What hurts us is that we
upgrade a CPU so that we can run more of software that is written in-house.
And now some vendors want a lump sum "upgrade" fee as well as an increased
monthly license fee. Despite the fact that we aren't using their particular
software more. What I personally dislike is the lump sum "upgrade" payment.
I, personally, can understand the license fee increase (monthly) because I
__might__ use the software more (especially something like CA-7, CA-11, or
CA-1). Yes, I'm particularly thinking of one vendor who will remain
nameless. Upgrade your MSUs and they want a lump sum "upgrade" fee.
Curiously, if you downgrade your MSUs (as we are doing), they don't give a
refund.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 . N. Richland Hills . TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone . (817)-691-6183 cell
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com . www.HealthMarkets.com

proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
message. HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and
issued by the insurance subsidiaries of HealthMarkets, Inc. -The Chesapeake
Life Insurance Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of
TennesseeSM and The MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company.SM