For security ,you need to enable these functions.LPARs can read other LPARs
configuration or do changes...It is needed for HD or to reset one LPAR from
another LPARs SA code as an example....

-Taken from pr/sm planning  guide...SB10-7153-00

Global performance data control authority

This control limits the ability of a LP to view CP activity data for other LPs.
LPs with control authority for global performance data can view CP utilization
data and Input/Output Processor (IOP) busy data for all of the LPs in the
configuration. Additionally, gathering of FICON channel measurements requires
selection of this parameter. Note: Logical partitions that use HiperDispatch
require global performance data authorization in order to properly utilize
excess CPU resources in the configuration. With the exception of an LP that is
a member of a WLM Cluster, an LP without control authority for the performance
data can view only the CP utilization data for that LP. Use the
Customize/Delete Activation Profiles task available from the CPC Operational
Customization tasks list to open a reset or image profile to enable global
performance data control for an LP. The Global performance data control
selection is located on the Security page for the LP. Note: An LP running a
leve!
 l of RMF that supports FICON requires control authority even if no FICON is
installed.

Cross-partition authority
This control can limit the capability of the LP to issue certain control
program instructions that affect other LPs. LPs with cross-partition authority
can issue instructions to perform a system reset of another LP, deactivate any
other LP, and provide support for the automatic reconfiguration facility.The
automatic reconfiguration facility permits a backup LP to deactivate a primary
LP if a problem is detected in the primary LP. The backup LP can then configure
online, storage resources that become available when the primary LP is
deactivated. See "CPCs with the Sysplex Failure Manager (SFM)" on page 3-20.
Use the Customize/Delete Activation Profiles task available from the CPC
Operational Customization tasks list to open a reset or image profile to enable
cross-partition authority for an LP. The Cross partition authority selection is
located on the Security page for the LP

Regards
Meral