HI Lizette,

You might want to check if any of your apps are using EHLLAPI (Screen
scraping) or HLLAPI , so you can make sure the new emulator software
supports that (I suspect most do, but you never know .... ).

Extra is in use here, deployed over citrix ....

Kind regards,
Peter

"Lizette Koehler" <stars...@mindspring.com>
Sent by: "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
24/08/2010 12:42 PM
Please respond to
"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
3270 Emulator Software

I just went through the archives looking for generic information on 3270
emulators.  There is a lot but no specific to my requirements.

So here goes.

What are - say - the top 5 emulators everyone uses out there.

I have in my list so far

Hummingbird

Bluezone

HOD (Host on Demand - IBM) - an I am not sure what other software is
required to run this (Websphere or other?)

!Extra

Pcomm

Rumba

However, I was wondering if there were others.

My requirements are support (well supported), cost, encryption and usage
across a wide platform (z/OS, Linux, Windows, etc.).  And it has to be
deployed via Citrix.

I am not sure what anyone else is using out there for this type of
software.
I love Vista3270 but I am not sure that my company will even look at it.

Is there a preference out there or is it just a random acquisition - kinda
like I like the pink one?

Or does someone have an evaluation analysis write up on this type of
software that they would be willing to share?

I am not usually in the front in the RFP but this time I am and it would
help me to know what to look for when selecting a 3270 emulator.

Thanks

Lizette

This e-mail message, including any attachments transmitted with it, is
CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged information. This message is
addressed. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately and delete it from your system. Please visit our website to read
the full disclaimer: http://www.euroclear.com/site/public/disclaimer