Folks, read her post -- she mentioned Vista in her query. But consider
this another vote for a good, solid piece of software.

I've seen and used dozens of tn3270 clients. Most are pretty well the
same, though you'll learn to hate specific features in some of them. I
would thus STRONGLY recommend trialing several, and trying the tasks
you need, such as macros, upload/download (some of them make the
dialogs infernally confusing -- make sure you try it with specified
formats such as F 80, which some make VERY hard to specify), SSL, etc.
That might sound obvious, but given how similar they all are, it's
easy to shrug and say "Yep, looks like a 3270 to me" and move on too
quickly.

One anti-recommendation: Extra! has sucked pretty badly IMHO for a
very long time. Buggy and flaky. Haven't been forced to use it lately,
but I spent a week at a customer site and found pretty quickly that
typing over about 30wpm caused it to GPF. Boy, did that make for a
looong week...

At least we've stopped seeing new tn3270 products showing up at SHARE
-- for a while there, every drug-addled CEO seemed to think it was a
new market, and every SHARE there would be two or three new ones, most
of which were never seen again.
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"