On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:05:20 -0400, Mark Jacobs <mark.jac...@custserv.com>
wrote:

>We've run into a problem with our IEFUTL exit allowing a batch job to be
>terminated for wait time exceeded even though it has executing OMVS
>spawned address spaces.
>
>A fast look through the exits manual didn't spot anything in the exits
>parameter list where I can test for this condition. I know I can hard
>code a jobname in the exit but that would be last resort, since I'd like
>to generalize the processing in the exit.

Eh?

2.28.7.2 Parameter Descriptions

Register 1 points to the following list of addresses:

Word 1    The address of the common exit parameter area (see "Common Exit
Parameter Area" in topic 2.18.7.3).

Word 2    The address of a 4-character area that contains the name of the
subsystem for the job being processed. Examples:

              ASCH, JES2, or JES3 - indicates the name of the subsystem that
selected the job

              OMVS - indicates a forked or spawned address space

              STC - indicates a started task

              TSO - indicates a time sharing option task

              The jobname - used if it is four or fewer characters and none
of the above apply

mailto:mzel...@flash.net