On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 13:24 -0400, Mark Jacobs wrote:

> The problem seems to be that the submitted batch job is waiting for the
> spawned OMVS address spaces to complete. When the wait time limit for
> the batch job is exceeded IEFUTL gets control and the parameter list
> indicates that it's a standard JES2 batch job with no indication that it
> has spawned OMVS address spaces that are happily executing.

Haven't seen this, but we had a customer that instituted a policy that
"production" jobs get "carte blanche". They are always extended - caused
other issues, so I think I went back and added an SMF record so we could
later track who had been.
For other user, they had a RACF check - 1 extension allowed of 2,4 or 8
hours. Yes, hours. In need a user could be added to the access list for
the "unlimited" profile.
I didn't design it, I just cut the code ....  ;-)

Shane ...