--------------------------------------<snip>--------------------------------

I still have horrible memories of a CEO that ordered me to develop and
install, via ZAP, the multiple-level alias feature two years before IBM
provided it. I thought he was going to fire me when I refused, flat out,
to meddle in Catalog Management.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Meddling in Catalog Management is a good way to exercise your Disaster Recovery Plan (the best one is still an offsite copy of your resume).
I had a lot of reinforcement in that particular case. The CEO was informed, in no uncertain terms, that he was going to be a one-man management team if he persisted in this particular hare-brained scheme. To paraphrase the late Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen, "When he felt the heat, he saw the light." :-)

Rick

P.S. Is it true that Ford supplies all the "bent glass" to GM for various vehicle windows? I have a friend that insists that it's true, but I'm skeptical.