On 2 Sep 2010 12:17:48 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>>Having been in on a couple of recovery actions due to major files
>>getting fouled up, I can believe that things could take up to a week.
>
>How do major files get fouled up with adequate backups?
>

>>There also are some fiascos that real-time
>>backup won't guard against.
>
>Not true.  Especially when every company that does DR testing always come
>back proclaiming how successful the test was.

If something starts going wrong and doesn't get detected for a period
of time, the backups will be contaminated from time of first failure.
Getting things straightened out can be interesting.  Been there, got
the clients respect for being someone who had good ideas on how to fix
things.

Clark Morris