At 09:26 -0700 on 09/02/2010, Edward Jaffe wrote about Re: Where doc for STORAGE LINKAGE=SYSTEM:

We've been burned by that unintuitive CALLRKY= default more than once.

Theoretically there is a solution. Add a CALLERKEY= Parm and have it checked for first. If it is set then in that path check for CALLRKY and MNOTE if both defined and has a different value (otherwise ignore the CALLRKY). If CALLERKEY has not been used then do the normal check for CALLRKY. There have been other depreciated parms that have been handled this way if I remember correctly.