Edward Jaffe wrote:

<begin snippet>
I wasn't clear. We weren't burned because the CALLRKY= keyword has no vowels.
We were burned by the unexpected fact that the STORAGE OBTAIN service assigns
key zero (by default) to storage acquired from key-specifiable subpools, thus
requiring explicit specification of CALLRKY=YES in nearly every case.
</end snippet>

In such circumstances a usually innocuous framing macro can be used, as in

|          macro
|          STORAGE@ &CALLRKY=YES, . . .
|          . . .
|          STORAGE CALLRKY=&CALLRKY, . . .
|          . . .
|          mend

to provide oneself with more congenial defaults without depriving someone else
of the freedom to code something like

|          STORAGE@ CALLRKY=NO, . . .

John Gilmore Ashland, MA 01721-1817 USA