Amit,

In addition, if you are running a single JES2 in your SYSPLEX you can
display other LPARS in the SDSF "DA" display using the "SYSNAME sysid" line
command.

Alternatively you can use the ISPF Table based RMF II display to monitor the
other LPARS in your SYSPLEX by simply overtyping the System ID in the upper
right hand corner with the one you want. Depending on your installation you
can typically get to this (far superior) version of RMF II with the command
ERBRMF, or TSO ERBRMF, and then follow the menus.

This is feature is enabled by XCF  and does not require a parallel SYSPLEX,
but you do need a MAS for the DA SYSNAME to work. I regularly use the RMF II
feature in a four system GRS ring.

Ron

Behalf Of
> Terry Draper
> Sent: Monday, September 06, 2010 7:21 AM
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
> Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] CPU Spikes completely hangs sessions;No logons:
need
> inputs
>
> Amit.
>    Firstly you should have RMF monitor III setup so that it can see the
> address spaces in all the LPARs in the Sysplex. Make sure RMF address
spaces
> are at high priority. You can then see who is getting the CPU and how much
the
> LPAR is using.
>
>   Have the TSO userids of selected (trusted not to abuse the priority)
> performance people set to a single period high priority service class.
> Alternatively you can get someone reset to a high priority at problem
times.

>   It is useful to have some TSO users stay logged on nearly all the time.
Not
> sure of the best options to achieve this.
>
> Terry Draper
> zSeries Performance Consultant
> w...@btopenworld.com
> mobile:  +66 811431287