I suppose you could write your own 'SUBMIT' command which with outtrap would
get the IKJ message, in turn getting the jobname, pass this to a REXX exec
calling SDSF and setting isfprefix for the jobname and this would in turn
then perform the ST command. However once you've got the job details then
what do you want to do. Calling SDSF in REXX (from z/OS 1.9 onwards) is
quite particular and it would take quite a bit of coding to do what you
want. For example, what do you want to look at in the job? If you want to
look at it executing then you need to specify which ddname you want to look
at and so on. Have a look at the redbook which gives some good ideas
including a 'client/server' option which might be of use:

Currently playing with SDSF/Rexx as we want to someway of monitoring logs of
started tasks, i.e. SMTP and so on which is quite easy to do under UNIX,
etc. but not so easy here.

Seb

>Hi,
>
>It's much simpler than that:
>The user has the job displayed in the editor.
>He Submits the job.
>The user enters a command on the command line, moves the cursor to the job
name and presses enter
>The command performs the following functions:
>1. get the job name from the cursor position
>2. starts SDSF
>3. enters the prefix command with the job name
>4. enters the ST command.
>
>The user can then look at the job, monitor its execution, and do all the
other wonderful things you can do in SDSF.