"Beesley, Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> I have RRS data dating back to 2002 and want to get rid of the files.
> I recently set the logger values to retpd(30) and autodelete, but all
> the old files are still there.
> Assuming I can't just delete the files, how else can I get rid of them ?
>
> My logger entry looks like this :
> LOGSTREAM NAME(ATR.LVT1.ARCHIVE) STRUCTNAME() LS_DATACLAS(LOGGER)
>
>           LS_MGMTCLAS() LS_STORCLAS(ISTS000) HLQ(ISTS000) MODEL(NO)
> LS_SIZE(5120)
>           STG_MGMTCLAS() STG_STORCLAS() STG_DATACLAS(LOGGER)
> STG_SIZE(5120)
>           LOWOFFLOAD(0) HIGHOFFLOAD(80) STG_DUPLEX(YES)
> DUPLEXMODE(UNCOND)
>           RMNAME() DESCRIPTION() RETPD(30) AUTODELETE(YES)
> OFFLOADRECALL(YES)
>           DASDONLY(YES) DIAG(NO) LOGGERDUPLEX() EHLQ(NO_EHLQ)
>
>           MAXBUFSIZE(65276)
>

> Paul Beesley
> UKOSG, EDS, Bournemouth
> *   01202 502334
>  * 07790 495140
> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Interesting question. Delete / define the logstream will get rid of all data of
course, but I suppose that's not what you want.
z/OS 1.6 has added a number of flexibilities to logstreams. I wonder if
changing REPTD and AUTODELETE should apply only to the data created after the
modification and not to the entire logstream. Changes like LS_MGMTCLAS etc.
will take effect at the next offload dataset switch. Did you have an offload
dataset switch after the UPDATE?

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.