I would agree that if you are putting a product out to other customers then
it would be difficult to rely on them being on the proper hardware and z/OS
level to support BPCii (currently at least a z9 CEC and z/OS 1.11 (1.10 with
BCPii installed after the fact although this doesn't include everything at the
1.11 level).

   I'm not sure why your security folks had trouble with the facility classes.
the base HWI.APPLNAME.HWISERV is pretty straightforward and only requires READ
authority.  You can then set up a single profile for each CEC with the
community name in the APPLDATA to connect to the HMC and even run with a
generic facility class for the LPARs as no community name is needed in the
APPLDATA field.  I though the RACF side was a lot easier than trying to figure
out other aspects of the tool given the dearth of documentation available (in
particular when using the ENF68 interface which I am still playing around with).

    Still far and away WORLDS better than SNMP HWMCAAPI programming <g>

        Regards,
             Stan

Stan Weyman
Senior Software Engineer