>We are confused on which size to consider and whether we can add more space to
>our OSAM dataset which is at 150120 tracks now (on 3390 device).

Tracks ^= size of data.

There is an interrecord gap between each block.

So, the smaller the blocksize, in general, the smaller the amount of data on
the track.

And, vice versa, for larger until you go beyond half-track.

IIRC, the gap is 480 bytes, but it's been a long time.

So, you add 480 to the block size, round up to the next multiple of 32 and
divide that figure into 56564, and take the integer.
That gives you the number of blocks/track.

The number of bytes of data/track is an exercise left to the student.

8K + 480 is a multiple of 32.

I may be wrong about the size of the gap, but the algorithm is (iirc) correct.

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!