One way I've had success is to find out what IT functins management thinks
is important.  Then target those functions in your report.  A good
attention-getter is to calculate the cost to the company if that function is
not available for some length of time or the service goals cannot be achieved.

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:19:56 -0600, Steve Comstock
<st...@trainersfriend.com> wrote:

>On 9/27/2010 3:02 PM, Pommier, Rex R. wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Can any of you reply back to me off-list what kind of metrics you use to
report back to business management to show how your IT department is
performing?  I'm looking for ideas IT-wide, not limited to the mainframe.

>> Currently we report out the IT-centric "stuff" like system and database
uptime, response times, and the like, but the business' eyes glaze over.
We're looking for something that the business can relate to better and I'm
hoping to get some ideas from this esteemed list.

>> In order to keep the list from clutter, if you could reply back offline,
I would appreciate it.