On 09/28/10 12:06, Lizette Koehler wrote:
I am z/OS V1.11

Just wondering if there are any concerns left with setting SWA to SWA=ABOVE
in the JES2 Init deck?

I remember something long ago and far away that if a program went after a
UCB it was a token with this setting and not the real UCB address.  Which
could lead to an S0C4.

Of course my fuzzy brain cell may be mis-remembering.

Any comments?

Lizette

I wouldn't expect any system code or ISV vendors to have a problem with SWA=ABOVE in 2010, but some home written programs might not work correctly. I've enabled SWA=ABOVE on all batch job classes and STC's but TSO users still execute with SWA=BELOW.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

There you are, your own number on your very own door. And behind
that door, your very own office! Welcome to the team, DZ-015

Mr Warrenn - Brazil