From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Jim Mulder
Sent: 28 September 2010 21:05
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IPLTEXT and NUCLEUS dates

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 09/28/2010

01:17:04 PM:

> recently I found out that IPLTEXT and the NUCLEUS (not sure which
> module) must have the same date.
>
> If I remember correctly you get WAIT075 if the dates are not of the
same
> day.
>
> Has anyone know the logic beyond this dependency ?
>
> What it is suppose to protect us from ? I could not find a reasonable
> explanation for this.

  This ensures that you use ICKDSF to rewrite your IPL text any
time you install a release or PTF which changes IEAIPL00.

  It protects you from have problems caused by IPLing with downlevel
IPL text.  It protects IBM from having to diagnose those problems.

  It has worked this way since SP4.3.0 (around 1993).

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY