On 9/30/2010 12:14 PM, Chris Mason wrote:
Only CANCEL is/can be independent of the program.

Not so. In some cases CANCEL is rejected and only FORCE ARM is accepted.

C TN3270
IEE838I TN3270            NON-CANCELABLE - ISSUE FORCE ARM

In other cases, FORCE ARM is rejected and only CANCEL is accepted:

FORCE VLF,ARM
IEE838I VLF               CANCELABLE - ISSUE CANCEL BEFORE FORCE

In rare cases, neither CANCEL nor FORCE ARM are accepted and only MODIFY is
allowed:

C OMVS
IEE841I OMVS              NON-CANCELABLE

FORCE OMVS,ARM
IEE841I OMVS              NON-FORCIBLE

I tried to make sense of some of this in Bit Bucket x'27' in Boston:

http://proceedings.share.org/client_files/SHARE_in_Boston_2/Session_7387_handout_469_0.pdf

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc