In <013801cb5dc8$703d9ec0$50b8dc...@org>, on 09/26/2010
   at 03:16 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> said:

>I'm writing documentation for a product that a customer would
>normally run automatically as an STC at every IPL. What do I say in
>the manual about where to place the START command?

"The foo address space must be started after bar. Because different
installations are set up differently, there is no single best way to
cause an automatic START. Some of the ways that may be available are:"

The list should probably include at least half a dozen options,
including COMMNDxx. You should also discuss shutdown[1] and restart.

"If foo terminates abnormally, do baz before issuing a START foo
command to restart it."

[1] Whatever other mechanism you support, you should accept and
    respond to a STOP command.