At 19:28 -0500 on 10/03/2010, Mark Zelden wrote about Re: IPLTEXT and NUCLEUS dates:

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 17:57:48 -0400, Robert A. Rosenberg <hal9...@panix.com>
wrote:

At 11:36 -0500 on 10/03/2010, Mark Zelden wrote about Re: IPLTEXT and
 >NUCLEUS dates:
 >>However, you can add GENASM entries that will do so or run UCLIN
to update the macros you use with the UMID of your usermod as
a "flag" to let you know you should re-apply (or reassemble) your
JES2 exit(s).

 >Unfortunately this would not be enough. All you know of (and would
list) is the level 1 (outer) macros. When these macros do calls to
other (2nd level) macros, you have no forced reassembly when these
inner macros get updated but the outer one does not.

What prevents you from adding GENASM entries for the inner macros
as well?  An assembly tells you all the ones that are used.

Nothing. I just took the original suggestion to mean just listing the macros that were called directly in your code. As you noted, if you look at the assembly report then you will also catch all the inner macros and thus get all of them (assuming that maintenance does not add an extra macro or change the list of those called).