So why does {Open}Solaris have boot environments ?.
Which I can attest can save your arse - "rolling back" is the equivalent of
backing out an IPL to a previous resvol.
Fedora 13 introduced similar (automatic) snapshot functionality (on btrfs)
for yum updates. I'll get around to testing it sometime.
As in most things we've been doing for years, they are slowly being
"discovered" in that other world.

Shane ...