In <p06240808c8c85301d...@[192.168.1.11]>, on 09/28/2010
   at 10:26 PM, "Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9...@panix.com> said:

>Shutting down a Started Task can be done in the way other STCs are
>controlled.

Not if it is programmed ineptly.

>You can issue a WTOR which allows the request to shut
>down to be sent

Please don't; that approach is so 1960's.

>or you can just use the Modify (F) or STOP (P) command.

That's controlled by the author, not by the automation package.

>It sounds like those Ops/Automation
>types are brain dead and do not understand what they are doing.

It sounds like you need to read Peter's message again; the offending
code is not in the automation software and not under the control of
those using it. AUTOOPS can issue STOP commands until the cows come
home, but it can't force the application to act on the STOP CIB.