>*MGCRE TEXT=(R6),CONSID==XL4'0',UTOKEN=(R2),     *
>*      MF=(E,(R10))     *
>from the literature  :
>*When you specify a console ID of **X'00000000'** on the CONSID
>parameter, the issuer receives MASTER command authority. Entries in the
>hardcopy log for the command have the name INTERNAL associated with
>them.** *
>
>am I missing somthing?

How old was the literature you read? Consid zero is not supported anymore (as
of z/OS 1.8, as far as I am aware). I haven't tried it, but I guess at 1.10
consid zero causes an 'invalid vary command'. In the case of having been
issued from the master console, the consol id of the master console would
have been inserted by MVS.

Regards, Barbara Nitz