Dave,

I don't have to Google it, because I know the drive in a cardboard box at
Fry's will cost less than the Disk Drive FRU, when it goes into an
Enterprise Storage box.

I'd like to know if the Seagate or Hitachi drive from Fry's includes an
account SE, a CE to install it, phone home monitoring, non-disruptive
replacement, a dynamic spare, FC or SAS active/active dual ports, and access
to a guy like me with a lab to recreate and advise on your critical
performance problems?

Does someone turn up in the middle of the night with a replacement when a
drive you purchase from the internet dies, or does it take a month to get a
replacement under warranty? Like the old adage says "you get what you pay
for."

And of course it is not price gouging for Mainframe disk. You vendor will
add all that support cost, margin, whatever, whether it's formatted for
Mainframe or Open Systems. Do you think that your argument is a bit like
using the primary cost of rubber to compare the cost of the windshield wiper
blades on my Mustang with a Ferrari.

Ron