---------------------------------------<snip>----------------------------------

The whole point, I think, is to get it by the system's guys. Not sure how to do that. So much easier on Windows. Still there are coming more and more "freeware" MVS utilities, like showmvs. (It can run authorized I think, yes?) I don't think that it is that carefully audited, somebody could slip something into there. Or some ported tool like TSOCMD.
It would be very unlikely that something like that would get by you guys, but
good sysprogs are getting fewer and fewer, and, as an inside job perhaps,
someone may easily trick an admin into installing some useful utility that has
been compromised.
Lindy, you're correct but I think you forgot the corrolary: as good sysprogs get scarcer, so do the numbers of people capable of compromising the code. As the systems get more and more complex, it's harder and harder to devise the mechanisms to compromise those systems. True, we see less and less suspect SVC code and more and more PC code that might be suspect. But as these types of problems grow, I'm sure that IBM and REPUTABLE vendors are working to close any holes that might exist.

Rick