From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Rick Fochtman
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Mainframe hacking?

Even earlier than that, IBM used a comnination of hardware and software
intercepts based around Program Interrupts to implement the Commercial
Feature on the 360/44. I still have a copy of the "Emulator" that was
loaded into special areas of 360/44 core that finished the process of
implementing thie Commercial Feature, as well as a few other
instructions in the General Instruction Set. :-)