It's been a long time since I setup a new 3745. As other have stated FF4 means that the box is waiting to be loaded with a NCP.

Have you configured, via MOSS, the channel adapters? You need to make sure they are configured correctly and at least one must be configured as IPL'able.

Ali Serdar Yakut wrote:
Hi,
We need to Connect a 3745/170 to our 2084, through optica.
 Everything seems OK, 3745 is IML'ed and I see 'FF4' on the LEDs.
When I vary the channel online, and check the devices it shows me:
 CF CHP(E9),ONLINE
IEE754I NOT ALL PATHS BROUGHT ONLINE WITH CHP(E9)
IEE502I CHP(E9),ONLINE
IEE712I CONFIG PROCESSING COMPLETE
 When I check Device Status:
RESPONSE=ISTD
IEE174I 12.51.46 DISPLAY M 719
DEVICE 0820 STATUS=OFFLINE
CHP E9
DEST LINK ADDRESS 00
ENTRY LINK ADDRESS ..
PATH ONLINE Y
CHP PHYSICALLY ONLINE Y
PATH OPERATIONAL Y
PATHS NOT VALIDATED
 I can not bring the CU online.
  Can anybody be of help? It is most probably a setting in the 3745.